August 25, 2022

Bird on a Diet

For some reason I'm finding I'm liking birds.  Especially in the stamping world.  So many of my friends DO NOT like this bird from the Perched in a Tree stamp set because he's so puffed up ... they have even been calling him constipated.  So I put him on a diet.  Here's what I did.

I stamped and colored him with Stampin' Blends.  For this one I used Tahitian Tide, Night of Navy and Soft Sea Foam.

Next, I cut him out (there is a die, but was in fussy cutting mode).

Starting from his beak, I cut off his puffed belly.  A little trimming under his beak to get a better shape. Then overlapped the top and bottom pieces to get the size I was looking for ... and I now have a skinny bird.  A little trimming by his tail also had to be done, but I really liked the way these turned out.  (The seam does show, but only if you look really close).

I'm sure he feels so much better now 😀





No comments:

Chickadoodle Birds

  Technique Time!  This type of bird has been around for a while.  They are sort of silly and have different names.  Video instructions   ...