Hi Stamping Friends. As you make your Christmas cookies, why not try making make salt dough ornaments for Christmas. I love that our cookie stamps work so well for making ornaments and add a fun little twist.
STEP 1. Roll out the dough and ink the cookie stamp with Real Red ink.
STEP 2. Stamp on the salt dough with the cookie stamp.
STEP 3. Cut out the ornament and poke a hole in the top.
STEP 4. Place the ornament on a cookie sheet and bake it until it is dry (we baked ours at 175 degrees for about 30 minutes).
STEP 5. Use Sponge Daubers to color the ornament with Platinum Shimmer Paint.
Here is the recipe for the salt dough:
- Combine 4 cups of flour and 1 cup of salt, and then slowly add 1-1/2 cups of water while stirring.
- Knead the dough for about five minutes.
- Roll the dough on a floured surface, to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Stamp the cookie stamp onto an ink pad and then press it into the dough.
- Use a small circle cookie cutter to cut out the stamped image.
- Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for about 45 minutes at 180 degrees F.
(This idea came from out Stampin Success magazine, exclusive to Stampin' Up! demonstrators).
Thinking about becoming a demonstrator? Now is the time. Click here for more details.