September 01, 2012

Beer Themed Birthday



Okay, here's the last about my husband's birthday ... I was so pleased with everything, just had to share.  My husband likes his beer, and I had a surprise party for him.  I asked the guests to bring ONE beer, of course everyone didn't stop with one beer.  He's got enough beer to last him for a while, but he's not complaining.  Everyone was given black armbands as they arrived, and he said it was the BEST birthday party he's ever had.

The beer card I made him turned out pretty slick (it's a CASE, but not sure who the original creator was), and the large pin was made using the Designer Rosette Bigz XL Die.  Gee, it worked so neat ... I've had it for a while, but never really used it.  Then I stamped the center with the Blue Ribbon stamp set and punched it out with the 2-3/8" Scallop Circle punch, and for the center I printed the "70" on my computer and punched it out with the 1-1/4" punch.

The cupcakes were my yummy Guinness Beer Cupcakes with Bailey's frosting, topped with the "70" and "Way Over the Hill" cupcake toppers.  The 1-1/4" Scallop Circle punch was the perfect size for the cupcakes.

To order your Stampin' Up! supplies, click here.
Photobucket

No comments: