July 06, 2012

Spotlight Floral District


Floral District Designer Paper

Hi Stamping Friends.  Inspiration comes from all kinds of places.  Today's inspiration came from the Floral District Designer Paper.  My 6-year old granddaughter saw the paper and mentioned I should make a card like the paper (I'm starting them young).  I also had a technique class coming up, so we did the spotlight technique to match the paper.  Typically when the spotlight technique is done, you only make one focal point, but this one needed all the flowers covered.

Here's how I did it.  I used the Lucky Limeade Designer Series paper from the In-Color designer packet and embossed the Pleasant Poppies stamp using white craft ink and embossed with white embossing powder.  Then I stamped and embossed two pieces of calypso coral with the same image. Two pieces of the calypso coral were necessary because some of the circles overlapped.  Next, I punched out the circles with the 1-1/4" circle punch and lined them up to fit over the limeade flowers.   The sentiment is from the Itty Bitty Banners and cut out using the Itty Bitty Banners Framelit.  Fun, whimsical and bright card.

To place your Stampin' Up! supply order, click here or email me.  Don't forget about the Reason to Smile promotion.  Simply spend $50 and get the Reason to Smile stamp set for only $5.  Hurry, offer ends July 31.

Photobucket

No comments: