October 17, 2011

Cookies Press


Top cookie using correct recipe, bottom cookie not so correct.

I'm not a very good baker, but I bought the cookie press to check it out, and had a blast!  The first batch I made I was going to be lazy and used the refrigerated cookie rolls that come in a tube.  Not the right ones to use.  The stamped okay, but then they puffed up and expanded, losing the entire image.  By the time they were finished baking I had one huge cookie.  I needed to make these for my club tonight, so I tried the recipe that it comes with.  Worked like a charm.  They look good .... they taste good.  The only tip I would have is just before pressing them, dunk the image in sugar.  They release really easily then.

The little diaper fold cookie holder only takes one sheet of paper, stamped using the Falling Leaves stamp set in pool party, more mustard and early espresso.  I also wanted to finally use the Spice Cake fabric and buttons, so I made a bow through the button and used a dimensional to place it on.  The cookies weren't finished before I took the picture, but it just fits inside in a cello bag with a ribbon tied on it.  The little 3 x 3 note card uses the Spice Cake matching designer paper for a little gift card to go with it.

Like what you see and would like to place a Stampin' Up! order, simply click here

Photobucket

No comments: