May 19, 2011

Baby Blanket


Hi Stamping Friends.  Today's card was rather emotionally difficult to make.  As stated in previous posts, I have been making cards as people donate meals for Feed My Starving Children (a community  event being held at our church in September).  Gift-givers can choose whatever occasion they would like.  This particular person wanted to donate meals in memory of their 6 month old grandson, who passed away six months ago.  As we talked (and cried) together, I asked her some special things about her grandson.  She said he loved his blue blanket with blue satin and his blue teddy bear.  So this is the card I came up with.  The blanket is bashful blue card stock embossed using the square lattice embossing folder.  I then adhered the blue satin ribbon all the way around.  To get the blanket to drape over the card, I sprayed it with rubbing alcohol to make it pliable to shape like the blanket.  Then I used dimensionals to adhere to the card.  The blue bear is made using the Lil' Paws embosslit and sponged.  The little tag says, "thinking of you". The dresser itself is done using early espresso.

I delivered the card, and the grandma loved it.  She said the blanket looked exactly like his blanket, and the bear was perfect.  This part got to me ... she said the dresser was same "design" as his dresser (I had no idea on color or design).  So, we cried together once again.

We never really know how our cards will touch others.  This is a great example of that for sure.

Photobucket

No comments: