March 02, 2011

Punch Bunch For You



Hi Stampers.  Today's cards are the results of one mistake and one leftover.  The top card was supposed to be a cute fold card that I learned in Stamping School -- the Fancy Flower stamped with the Sale-A-Bration Punch Bunch stamp was actually supposed to stick out of the side, with a "Z" fold card.  Well, when I tried to adhere the Sunny Garden designer paper to the peach parfait card stock, I realized I put it on upside down -- oops, and designer paper doesn't come off as easily as card stock might.  So, plan B.  I trimmed it and put it on whisper white card stock, added a side strip of peach parfait. 

So, I had a 1-3/4" half-circle already punched out of the designer paper, and I couldn't let it go to waste, so I created the second card.  It's done in Poppy Parade, Peach Parfait and Whisper White.  The scalloped edge was also supposed to go on the top card on the inside, so I had to use that leftover as well.  The white layer is embossed using the Elegant Lines embossing folder.  The ribbon is the 1/2" poppy parade polyester ribbon, secured with a flower brad.  It's sort of an odd layout, but I think it works.  At least it's not the "same old".

Have a great day stamping!

To order your Stampin' Up! supplies, click here.



Photobucket

No comments: