March 30, 2011

Faux Polished Stone Video

Faux Polished Stone

Faux Mother of Pearl

Hi Stamping Friends!  Yesterday was not a good day ... my day started out pouring my coffee into my cereal (hence no video) ... today is a better day.  I hope you enjoy this video I call Faux Polished Stone.  I have also included the Faux Mother of Pearl instructions in the video.



The stamp set used for both of these cards is Easter Blossoms (found in the mini occasions, which ends April 30th).  The top card colors are tempting turquoise, black, and gloss white. The girl and blossoms are stamped with Black Stazon, and the blossoms are "dabbed" with the white gel pen.  The girl is punched out using the 2-1/2" circle punch framed with the scallop from the circle scallop #2 Bigz Die.  To make this a Mother's Day card rather than an Easter card, flowers from the blossom were stamped on a scrap of tempting turquoise and cut out glue dotted on the bouquet the girl is holding and a couple in the basket.  The card on the video shows an extra butterfly next to the girl ... butterflies cover up ink smudges wonderfully!

The bottom card colors are black and melon mambo (brayered on white gloss) (yes, I did use the tulip border frame on the bottom one, couldn't help myself).  A piece of Black Satin ribbon and pearls add a touch of elegance.  The sentiment is also from the Easter Blossoms set, punched in a large oval and framed using the scallop oval punches.

If you try the technique and would like me to post your samples, please feel free to email your creations. 

To place your Stampin' Up! supply order, click here.  Don't forget about the FREE shipping offer for this week only on online orders (email me for your order).


Photobucket

No comments: