December 06, 2010

Christmas Cookies


I was at a cookie exchange this weekend, and I think I better stick to just making cards instead of cookies.  I tried to make a spritz cookie (saw the maker at the store -- a cool tool, and had to have it).  The recipe on the box was not very good, and they came out so dry and pitiful looking.  They tasted so-so.  Of course, someone else made them as well ... they were really fluffy and pretty.  Then I really felt bad.  Anyway, the hostess asked me to bring a craft to bring for everyone to make, and this is what I came up with (it's a CASE, but appropriate for the occasion).  At least that was a hit for me.

The base of the card is real red, and the polka dots paper and ribbon are from some of the retired items that were on sale last month (head over to the clearance rack, there are still some good bargains left).  The pan is brushed silver with corner-rounded edges and scored at 1/4" and bent upwards.  The cookies are on crumb cake, sponged with soft suede.  The gingerbread men are from the Jolly Bingo Bits in the Holiday Mini (which ends January 3).  I used a white gel pen to outline the decorations for a little punch. 

To order your Stampin' Up! supplies, click here.

Photobucket

No comments: