November 27, 2010

Bird Inspiration

Time spent with friends is so much fun!  Today my scrapbook class was canceled, so rather than mope around, I invited a friend to come over to "play".  My friend loves contemporary cards, so that's what we worked on.  She brought over a piece of inspiration paper (on the left), and this is what we came up with.  What do you think?  Which one do you like better?

The background is in chocolate chip, with tempting turquoise embossed using the square lattice folder.  The bird punch worked perfectly for the real red birds and chocolate chip branches.  The little white circles are made using the circle in the itty bitty punch set.

The second card uses the Season of Friendship stamp (I envisioned it as I was first posting this).  The red/white polka dot ribbon makes it a little less contemporary, but I like it anyway.  Did you know you can purchase the ribbon on clearance?  Check it out.  AND you can get FREE shipping if you email me your order before end of day November 29th.


Photobucket

No comments: