March 20, 2010

Bridal Bitty Birthday


This is one of those cards that is nothing as it started out to be. I found that I had one "leftover" piece of bridal specialty paper that was sponged for another card (top portion of the card).  The plan was to use the card design for another class. As I was cutting the supplies for the class, I realized I was out of the swirly paper in the packet, so I decided I would use the striped paper in the packet instead. I sponged the stripes a little darker than the swirls but I didn't like the look for my original card, so I cut the pieces in half, and put the two together.  I like the look, and came out with the background for this card.

Then the other day I started playing with the Bitty Birthday stamp set that I received FREE as a Sale-a-bration gift, and set it aside.  I hadn't colored the cake yet, so I used my so saffron and melon mambo markers to match the background, and it all came together.  I added a little ribbon, and I was good to go.

To your FREE gift from Sale-A-Bration, click HERE to place your $50 minimum order.

SUPPLIES:
Stamp Set:  Bitty Birthday
Ink:  So Saffron, Melon Mambo, Regal Rose
Cardstock:  Melon Mambo, So Saffron, Whisper White, Bridal Designer Specialty Paper
Extras:  Melon Mambo Polka Dot Ribbon, Small, Large, and Scallop Oval Punches


Photobucket

No comments: