February 02, 2010

One Last Anniversary Post

I feel like a newlywed, just wanting to share everything.  Some of my friends even say I have the "glow".  Okay, this is my last post.  A few people wanted to see my full dress, so here it is.  Also I wanted to share a cool story of the candlelighting portion in our service.  Rather than having my DH and I light a unity candle, we used a Christ candle that was already lit.  We then took the candle (pictured here), and lit it from the Christ candle, then lit candles that we gave our children, and they lit candles that their children were given.  The premise was that as Christ lights our life, we pass that legacy of life onto our children and grandchildren.  It was probably the most favored part of the ceremony.

The candle was pretty simple to make.  I just took one of the scallop circles with the stamped image from the invitations, and just pinned it on with all those little pins you get when you buy shirts, etc.

The stamp set is from the Love You Much stamp set, embossed in silver. 

If you would like to place an order, click here.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Stampindragon said...

Beautiful dress - you look gorgeous! The candle ceremony sounds wonderful!