October 05, 2009

Back to Fall


Now that I've done a few Christmas cards, I decided to go back to fall before the season is gone. This is one of the cards that we'll be doing in our clubs. The background is done with crayons that are scribbled on, then smeared around with aqua painters. I like the way it turned out. The cardstock is more mustard, elegant eggplant and very vanilla. The stamp set is called Falling Leaves and the background is the Bright Blessings wheel that goes with the set.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


Photobucket

8 comments:

....Linda.... said...

I like the way that "scribbly" background turned out as well! ALso love the eggplant......

Pals Paper Arts said...

On behalf of the design team, thank you for playing @ PPA.

Join us for our next challenge on Thursday, October 8, 2009.

Margaret Moody said...

Beautiful card, Karen! I love the background stamp paired with the Falling Leaves stamp set! Great colors, too!

LeeAnn Greff said...

This is gorgeous! I love your technique - what do you call it?
May I case it for a class??

Ann Schach said...

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing how you did the background, and thanks for playing @ PPA!

Mickey Tait said...

I love the crayon background. tfs

Ann Schach said...

Congrats on your PPA win!

Mary Fish said...

Love the crisp leaves against the colorful background. Congrats on being selected as one of the PPA favorites! Hugs, M